Building an Effective Campaign: Research and Planning
Category: Advocacy Management
Start Date: Ongoing
End Date: Ongoing
Why do some campaigns succeed while others fall short? Even with hard work and great intentions, your efforts may not produce results for animals if you fail to follow the key steps of campaign planning. Enroll in this HSU course to learn what you need to do to research and plan a campaign that has the best possibility of making a difference.
Based on experience by The Fund for Animals as well as The HSUS, this course includes how-to, tips and examples from a variety of animal protection organizations. Links to other resources enable you to learn the basics and go in-depth on topics of interest during the course or at a later time.
Topics to be addressed include:
- Identifying the issue, assessing whether to launch a campaign and what role to play
- Understanding how to create behavior change with the public, companies, government agencies, elected officials and others
- Developing effective communications
- Setting goals and monitoring your progress
- Defining resources, action plans and status meetings
- Finding free and low cost sources of information that gives you the edge
From new activist to experienced campaign manager, youre sure to discover new ideas for improving your advocacy. Developed by Caryn Ginsberg and Heidi Prescott.
This is a self-paced course. You log on at your convenience to read the course materials, take quizzes, and submit any other assignments. Most students complete this course within a few weeks.
Our online learning platform, HSUonline, meets the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) requirements. ANGEL, HSUs learning platform, is accessible to users with disabilities.