Stop Puppy Mills: Advocating for Change
Category: Community Issues
Start Date: Ongoing
End Date: Ongoing
Stop Puppy Mills: Advocating for Change is a self-paced, online course developed to help advocates understand the most common problems inherent in puppy mills, and what can be done to address them. Participants will gain a greater understanding of what puppy mills are and are not, why they continue to thrive despite increases in public awareness and strides in public policy, and what individuals can do to help.
Upon completion of this course students will be able to:
- differentiate between types of dog breeders and recognize a puppy mill.
- understand how to report suspected illegal puppy mills to the appropriate authorities.
- describe the "puppy pipeline" and resource components that are present in their communities.
- formulate strategies to confront puppy mills.
- develop strategies to increase public awareness about puppy mills and be a voice for change in their communities.
Our online learning platform, HSUonline, meets the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) requirements. ANGEL, HSUs learning platform, is accessible to users with disabilities.