Everyone Ready is a cutting-edge staff development training plan designed to support you in your work with volunteers. This program is free to anyone in the animal care and control field who would like to sharpen his or her volunteer management skills and delivers expert training and resources in volunteer management. While the content is relevant across many diverse fields, you will find the training and resources provided to be directly applicable to the volunteerism issues you face in the animal care, control, and sheltering field.
Everyone Ready seminars are self-paced, can be viewed at anytime while offered, and take about 1 hour to complete.
Self Instruction Guides
Once you're registered for Everyone Ready, you can also download free guides on the following topics (and more!):
- Strength in Numbers: Coordinating Volunteers in Groups Connect the dots between creating good group dynamics and managing tasks to ensure a fun and effective volunteer group experience.
- Developing Reports with Clout: Move beyond standard statistical reporting to shining a light on volunteer efforts and demonstrating the true value of volunteer contributions.
- It Takes Two to Tango: Building Successful Relationships Between Volunteers and Paid Staff
- OUR Volunteer Program: The Management Team Approach to Enhancing Volunteer Programs: Explains why the team approach is critical to a successful volunteer program, how to develop or enhance a team approach, and defining the purpose of the management team.
- The Right Information at the Right Time in the Right Way: Orienting and Training Volunteers: Distinguish between orientation, initial training, and ongoing or in-service training; who should be responsible for imparting what information at what point in time; adapting to the skill level of each volunteer; and an overview of the many training style options.