- Veterinary technician
- Animal Behaviorist
- Fundraiser, Grant Writer
- Animal Care Worker
- Animal Caretaker (fact sheet)
- Animal Behavior Manager
- Administrative assistant, Client Service Representative
- Adoptions counselor
- Director of Operations
- Director of Community Outreach
Talk with your local animal care agency or wildlife rehabilitation clinic about their staffing needs. Perhaps there's a job or volunteer opportunity that will be mutually benefical for you, them, and the animals in their care.
Read AnimalSheltering magazine — the bimonthly magazine for animal care and control professionals and others who care about community animal protection, sheltering, and control.
Learn more about any animal sheltering topic you can think of: visit AnimalSheltering.org's Resource Library.
Visit Humane Society University's Course Search to find a training opportunity to meet your needs.
Consider Humane Society University's noncredit online courses on shelter management, including the Executive Leadership Certificate (designed for students who already work or volunteer in the animal care and control field) or the graduate certificates offered by HSU's School of Arts and Sciences.
Learn more about Animal Sheltering and Pet Care:
- Subscribe to Animal Sheltering magazine
- Visit AnimalSheltering.org — the premiere resource for animal care and control professionals!
- Subscribe to HSUS' weekly e-newsletter Pets for Life and get pet tips, expert news, and advice.
- Contact your local shelter for information on what volunteer opportunities are available or look up volunteer information at www.Pets911.com or www.VolunteerMatch.org.
- Visit The HSUS' Pets information and resources